Legal nature and regulatory framework
Ingeniería de Sistemas para la Defensa de España, S.A., S.M.E., M.P. (Isdefe, S.A., S.M.E., M.P.), is a State-owned commercial company pertaining to the State institutional public sector pursuant to Act 40/2015 of 1 October on the Legal Framework of the Public Sector, Articles 2 and 84, and which was incorporated in Madrid on 17 October 1985 by approval at the Cabinet Meeting of 18 September of the same year.
Isdefe is attached to the Ministry of Defence. The National Institute of Aerospace Technology (INTA) is the sole owner of the entirety of its share capital.
The company is governed by its articles of association, by the rules of commercial, civil, labour and criminal law, and in the matters that apply to it, by:
• Law 33/2003, of November 3, on the Assets of Public Administrations.
• Law 47/2003, of 26 November, General Budgetary.
• Law 4/2007, of April 3, on transparency of financial relations between Public Administrations and public companies, and on financial transparency of certain companies.
• Organic Law 2/2012, of 27 April, on Budgetary Stability and Financial Sustainability.
• Royal Legislative Decree 1/2013, of 29 November, approving the Consolidated Text of the General Law on the rights of people with disabilities and their social inclusion.
• Law 19/2013, of December 9, on transparency, access to public information, and good governance.
• Law 3/2015, of 30 March, regulating the exercise of the senior position of the General State Administration.
• Law 40/2015, of October 1, on the Legal Regime of the Public Sector.
• Law 9/2017, of November 8, on Public Sector Contracts.
• Law 11/2018, of 28 December, on non-financial information and diversity.
• Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of
digital rights and Regulation (EU), of 27 April, 2016, regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to treatment of personal data.
• Royal Decree-Law 2/2020, of 21 January 2020, approving urgent measures regarding remuneration in the public sector.
• European Directive 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 23 October, 2019, on the protection of persons who report infringements of Union law.
Government, administration, management, supervision and control structure
Isdefe, as a State-owned commercial company, is attached to the Ministry of Defence. The company is run by the Secretariat of State for Defence, which in turn holds the Presidency of Isdefe, the General Meetings and the Board of Directors.
Criminal Risk Prevention
Isdefe's Criminal Risk Prevention Programme (PPRP) is the instrument that facilitates preventing and detecting illicit conduct for the prevention of crimes.
In 2020, the use of a computer application for the management of controls has been consolidated, thus following the doctrine of the State Attorney General's Office.
For a proper understanding of Criminal Risk Prevention, our employees receive training. The percentage of the workforce trained in 2020 was 98.6%.
Responsible action commitments
The Code of Ethics is an integral part of the governance model and is based on the guiding principles of integrity, professionalism and respect, which establish the behavioral guidelines of its professionals.
Over the last few years, the establishment of an ethics system has been consolidated through the formation and dissemination of the values included in the Code, the management of the Ethics Mailbox and the existence of a Technical-Ethical Committee for management and monitoring.
Commitments to transparency
Isdefe complies with the obligations established in Law 19/2013, of December 9, on transparency, access to public information and good governance, in relation to the publication of institutional, organisational and planning information, through the Transparency Portal, where continuous work is carried out on the modernisation and innovation project, developed under a reinforced model that follows the recommendations of the Council for Transparency and Good Governance and incorporates the degree of mandatory compliance and the quality of transparency through a series of indicators.
Commitment to sustainable development: 2030 Agenda
The 2020 financial year commences with the beginning of the “Decade of Action”, a call from the Secretary General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, to all actors of the planet to accelerate the fulfilment of the 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (ODS) in the next ten years.
Isdefe joins this call to action by participating in the SDG Ambition Programme, an initiative launched by the Spanish Global Compact Network, launched at the end of 2020, which helps companies move from commitment to concrete action regarding Sustainable Development Goals.
Isdefe’s contribution to the SDGs
Isdefe prioritises contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in the following areas of action: Economic, Environmental and Social.
• To fight corruption.
• To generate quality employment.
• To promote technology and innovation.
• To promote a space for dialogue and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
• To promote gender equality and conciliation policies.
• To promote progress in the health and well-being of employees.
• To increase support for the most vulnerable groups.
• To raise awareness and training in Sustainable Development Goals and sustainability
• To prioritise the fight against climate change.
• To influence more sustainable consumption models.
• To support sustainable mobility.
• To improve energy efficiency.