Tools for Environmental Management
Isdefe has in place a certified Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System (EMS) which promotes the efficient use of natural resources, pollution prevention and environmentally friendly management of possible waste generated in the performance of our activity.
Our Environmental Policy aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Comply with environmental legislation applicable to our activities, as well as those environmental commitments agreed with clients.
- Identify and assess the environmental aspects arising from our activities in order to prevent negative impacts on the environment.
- Properly manage waste generated through reuse, segregation and recycling.
- Promote energy efficiency, making rational use of available resources.
- Raise environmental awareness among employees by fostering the establishment of good environmental practices in the workplace.
- Establish an ongoing improvement process for our environmental performance through the regular review of our EMS and the environmental objectives and goals set out.
- Promote and disclose this policy among Isdefe employees, collaborators, sub-contractors and suppliers and make it available for the stakeholders.
2019 environmental objectives and performance
In our drive for continuous improvement in environmental performance, we have taken measures to better leverage raw materials and uptick energy efficiency, increasing the use of renewable energies.
Provide at least 4 electric vehicle charging points to the BdB3 garage as a way to encourage the use of low-emission means of transport in the organisation.
A mathematical model was obtained for calculating primary energy consumption (Energy Baseline).
Eliminate procurement of single-use plastic utensils for coffee machines, rest rooms, meeting rooms etc., such as spoons, cups, water bottles and so on and, where applicable, replace them with biodegradable or reusable materials (glass, china, etc.); eliminate bottled water consumption by replacing it with tap water in jars, Thermoses, etc., to reduce the amount of plastic packaging waste.
The procurement of single-use plastic utensils was replaced with biodegradable or reusable materials such as glass bottles for all Isdefe staff.
Ensure that office paper (100% of photocopier supplies) is at least partially recycled or based on virgin fibre partially from sustainable forestry holdings, with a minimum of 30% wood fibres from certified sustainable forestry holdings (FSC, PEFC or equivalent and/or recycled fibres). Paper must be at least elemental chlorine free (ECF).
Consumption of recycled paper was 77.8%, exceeding the initial target by 12.8%.
Isdefe implements prevention, recycling, reuse and other forms of waste recovery and disposal and actions to combat food waste. This contribution is realised through:
Challenges for 2020
For next year and in order to keep working on constantly improving our environmental performance, we have set the following goals:
1. Installation, certification and commissioning of light vehicle and motorcycle charging stations at BdB3 headquarters.
2. Optimisation of the performance of the cooling and climate control systems at BdB3 headquarters to reduce electricity consumption. Aim to be implemented across two years (2020 and 2021): 2020 period: study and evaluation of the different proposals made by specialist companies.
3. 2021 period: implementation of selected measures that are feasible in both their technical and economic aspects. No formal consumption or waste reduction targets have been set for 2020 as a result of COVID 19, since the data would be distorted due to non-occupancy of the building for a period that is currently uncertain. However, we are still implementing containment and reduction measures. (FSC, PEFC or equivalent) and elemental chlorine free (ECF).
and areas of action
Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) Sector
COMMITMENTS TO OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Committed to our
Committed to our
associations and foundations
Participation in trade shows, seminars