Isdefe is the foremost in-house technical service provider to the Spanish Administration in the field of defence and security and as such provides its services to the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Activity and service sectors
We provide engineering,
consulting and technical assistance services
Mission, vision and values
Isdefe (Ingeniería de Sistemas para la Defensa de España, S.A., S.M.E., M.P.) is a State-owned commercial company founded in 1985 and attached to the Ministry of Defence through the National Institute of Aerospace Technology (INTA), which holds all of its share capital. Isdefe is the foremost in-house technical service provider to the Spanish Administration in the field of defence and security and as such provides its services to the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Home Affairs and the rest of the Central Government. It also puts its knowledge and expertise at the disposal of Administrations from other allied countries and international public organisations, engaging in initiatives of interest for Defence and Security by working for the European Commission, the European Defence Agency (EDA), the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex), the European Space Agency (ESA), the European GNSS Agency (GSA) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
Support the Ministry of Defence, Public Administrations and international institutions in areas of technological and strategic interest by providing high-end consulting and engineering services, as well as by managing, operating and maintaining space sites.
To progress as a leading multidisciplinary consulting and engineering company by developing high-quality innovative projects that are economically and socially profitable.
We always defend the interests of the Spanish Government against any kind of industrial, commercial or economic constraint.
We anticipate needs by providing innovation in our solutions.
We are a multidisciplinary organisation with a great diversity of professional figures who combine to provide a comprehensive service portfolio.
We are committed both to the public organisations we work for, to our organisation and to the rest of society through a work methodology based on ethics and professionalism.
Experience and knowhow
Our activity is geared towards providing knowledge developed over more than 30 years of service provision and offering efficient solutions.
Our action lines for the period
- Continue to consolidate Isdefe as the benchmark in-house technical service provider for the Administration in technology-related areas, mainly those associated with defence and security, providing high added value and analysing and adapting activity in areas considered “non-core”.
- Enhance economic and financial sustainability in the short and medium term.
- Boost the modernisation of corporate services by integrating new technologies into processes and following the guidelines set out in the Digital Transformation Plan of the Central Government and its public agencies.
- Develop human resources, training, motivation, recognition and talent retention in the framework of the public sector.
- Boost engagement in projects and programmes at international bodies and institutions (EU, NATO, EDA, OSCE, ESA, Eurocontrol, etc.) and, particularly, within the new framework set up by the European Defence Action Plan.
- Continue with our corporate social responsibility commitments and public service vocation.
Our business in figures
Actividad como medio propio personificado
Isdefe activity for Public Bodies and Institutions
of our staff work at Calle Beatriz de Boadilla 3, Madrid
Isdefe staff at 31 December 2019
Evolution of the workforce 2017-2019
In addition to the actions Isdefe carries out at a national level commissioned by the Administration in areas of technological and strategic interest, it also performs activities in international organisations and countries, especially in the European environment, where Isdefe does not act as an in-house service provider (<20% of its activity).
Isdefe’s activity strategy focuses on European multilateral bodies and the administrations of Spain’s allied countries.
and areas of action
Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) Sector
COMMITMENTS TO OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Committed to our
Committed to our
Social action and participation in
associations and foundations
Participation in trade shows, seminars